Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Pet Cemeteries

Home burial of pets is illegal in some places, so a cemetery or cremation may be the only options for people who do not want to dispose of their pet in a dumpster or landfill.






This is Sea Breeze Pet Cemetery in California, where they have flat plaques instead of headstones. They also have mausoleums for larger pets (Horses, elephants, what have you.)




Hartsdale NY: Over 70,000 pets rest in peace in one of the oldest pet cemeteries in the nation. 
Traditional standing headstones are available.

3 comments:

Fanty said...

My goodness - I did not realize the Hartsdale Cemetery has so many pets interned! I have always buried all my pets in the yard of whatever house I'm living in.

dennis said...

Dennis says ...we buried Larry in the yard in a little suitcase. Larry was dead.

Bobby D. said...

My goodness what a crowded cemetery--you couldn't swing a dead cat without hitting the grave of another dead cat!

Larry was my best friend.