Wednesday, June 4, 2008

How Do We Want To Go?

I saw this and remembered when I was a kid and the undertow got a hold of me. After that, I was much more careful. I never forgot the panic I felt, and I have a fear of drowning. That's not how I want to go. Like just about everybody else, I want to go in my sleep when I'm a healthy, happy 100 year old. I want people to say "Maybe she jogged too far today."  

The worse way to go would be in a way that could kill or injure others, like a heart attack at the wheel while you're on the freeway, or falling asleep at the wheel, or the very worst, during a fit of road rage. Airline pilots have all those people depending on them, Some Big Rig truckers have nightmares. 

Wouldn't it be nice if we could choose? I'd choose falling asleep in a freshly made bed after a wonderful day ( a day where I told my friends and family how much I loved them.) I would choose a breezy day in June so there would be a bouquet of roses on my bedside table. 


 

No comments: